Here’s a double post rolled into one.
About this time last year I wrote about – My Writing Goals for 2015 – so here they are along with a quick review on each one;
- Finish 2nd and 3rd draft of Novel 3, ‘Blindsided’ by Easter. – Done.
- Give copies to beta readers for feedback. – Done.
- Write 4th draft of ‘Blindsided’ based on feedback. – Done.
- Get first 3 chapters and synopsis professionally edited and sent off to agents. – Done.
- Get ‘In A Right State’ onto other online retailers. – Done.
- Keep an eye out for marketing opportunities for ‘In A Right State’ and experiment with price. – Done.
- Get 2nd novel, ‘Broken Branches’, professionally critiqued and edited in the 2nd half of 2015 and look to get a self-published version launched early 2016. – Totally failed. ‘Blindsided’ took longer than I expected, eating up most of the year and it’ll be too expensive for me to release ‘Broken Branches’ next year unless a personal financial miracle happens.
- Write more blog posts. – Done.
- Think more about 4th novel (untitled) and make notes. – Half done. I’ve thought about my next project but haven’t made notes yet, see here – Starting all over again, a new ‘Project’.
My writing goals for 2016 are going to be a lot simpler as I’m at the beginning of a project. Here they are;
- Finish the first draft of my new writing project, whatever it is.
- Continue to list ‘In A Right State’ online and as a POD paperback but list the ebook for free to generate downloads and reviews.
- Write more blog posts.
- Continue to submit ‘Blindsided’ to agents.
I think that’s about it. Looks so easy, only four things to do!